Thursday, March 28, 2013

Not So Little Anymore

Apparently I have underestimated my little guy. He growing up way too fast! We got him a twin bed today. I didn't want to bother with the toddler bed--seemed like a waste of money and effort when he is already so tall. He would grow out of it too soon. But we want him to be ready for a big boy bed for when the baby comes. So we went straight to a twin bed, and got it today, to get him used to the idea of it.

He was so excited about it! He wanted to play on it, lay on it, figure out everything about it. He would get mad at us when we had to move it or take him off to make the bed. It was this awesome new toy, all for him. He got pretty wound up while we rearranged his room today.

My original thought was that the bed would be there, as an option, and we would give him the choice which bed he wanted to sleep in. I figured that when he was ready, he would choose the big bed. Well, apparently he was ready tonight. He chose the big boy bed, and actually fell asleep on it tonight!


{So Sweet!}

I thought for sure it would take some getting used to the bed in the same room, playing on it, etc to get him comfortable with the idea of sleeping in it! Guess I was wrong. This little guy is not so little anymore. Mama's not sure she's ready for him to get so big!

We'll see if he continues to choose the big bed, or if he wants to go back to the crib...




2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! That makes our "babies" seem so old now! Way to go, Eli! He's ready for the world! haha

Rosie said...

so cute. I love the quilt, too. :) Do you, perhaps, want the sports canvases I painted? Carter has informed me that he is over this sports room and would like a race care room instead...