Monday, February 14, 2011

We got our wish!

Happy Birthday David/Happy Valentine's Day!!! Today we got to have the full anatomy Ultra Sound of our little baby. And the gender is....

A BOY!!!!!!!!!!

We are so excited. We both thought that the baby is a boy. For one thing, this child squirms and moves a lot! When I heard the heart beat on friday, the Dr could hear the movements too--they were big and there were a lot of them. This child is active! Even the Dr said she thought baby would be a boy after she heard that. Even the Ultra Sound technician had some troubles getting some good images because of our little squirmer. I've been getting kicked, punched and head-butted for the past 4 weeks, a lot. Though I love it because I know baby is alright. We both just felt like we were having a boy. Even the Chinese Calendar gender predictor said Boy.

We were really hoping for a boy. One big reason is because there are only 2 boy cousins in the whole Bass clan (out of 6 uncles!) with the last name of Bass to carry on the family name--so we were really hoping to be able to carry on the name. Another, more selfish silly reason, is that I wanted to be right. Everyone in my family has had a girl first, and my sister was convinced that I would too, because that is what the McKee kids do. I told her long before I got married that I would break the trend and have a boy first--I didn't want to be wrong. :)

David was so excited when he told his family, he was boucing around! He thinks that having a boy will be fun, and of course it will! We are ecstatic and can't wait to meet this little guy. Now for a name...which involves convincing my husband that we are not going to name him Jimmer!

5 comments:

Jeremy and Natalie said...

I think every woman has to compete with the name Jimmer now! Congratulations!

Rosie said...

yay for a boy! :) And for knowing the gender so that auntie can SHOP!

Kevin & Sarah Lockard said...

Boys are so much fun but do have A LOT of energy! Congrats Emily, that's so exciting!

Brian and Kellie said...

yay em!! i'm so excited for you!! its good you are having a boy, most people i know lately are all having girls, and we need some more boys to be born to even out all the girls! congrats!

Brittany Lewis said...

yay, little boys are just the best!! i love having a little boy even more than i thought i would! congrats!