Yep!! We're pregnant!!!!
Okay, almost everyone, if not all, who read this blog know this already. But, who cares. David and I are expecting our first baby!!! Baby Bass is due June 30,2011. However, knowing stubborn-ness that runs in my family when it comes to babies actually arriving, we'll have a July baby.
We found out we were pregnant just a few days before Halloween. I was so excited and nervous to tell David that morning I found out. I was fighting between tears and laughter, and I was shaking. But so happy. The road ahead certainly isn't going to be easy, but I know that I am supposed to be a mother and it is what I want to do.
I am now over 4 months along and feeling pretty good. I'm tired, but that is mostly from work and not enough sleep (I never knew 9-ish hours wouldn't be enough). Baby is active and moves around a lot. It feels funny, but it is comforting to know that baby is alive and well.
Here is a picture of me at about 16 weeks. Please forgive my post-work hair and face.
We get the full anatomy Ultra Sound (gender included) on February 14th!!! Less than 2 weeks!
This is how we told David's family. (My family lives all over the country, so they got phone calls) :)
2 comments:
Congrats! How exciting!!!! Do you know if it will be a boy or a girl yet?
so cute :) It's a hard road, but there are so many rewarding things along the way. Plllluus your sister is like the baby-deal guru :)
Post a Comment