
So I don't know if any year will be able to top the past year that I have had. In the last 12 months I have: 1) Climbed Mt Rainier with my Dad 2) Attended a study abroad in London, through BYU, and visited Paris, Italy, Norway and Scotland 3) Had 2 new neices enter the family and 4) Went skydiving. Can this year get any better? I think not!
Sky diving was the most recent adventure and it was absolutely amazing! I would go again in a heart beat. I went with 7 friends from my ward in school. My roommates Stacey and Maurie graduated in April and Stacey is now on a mission, so to celebrate we wanted to do something big--skydiving was the answer. The whole of the afternoon of April 12 was spent in Toelle, UT at the skydive utah place. It was a lot of fun because were all excited and pumped and excited for each other so the tandem instrutors liked talking to us and having us around. I was in the last plane of the day and I went up with my friends Jeff (Papa Jeff) and Jeff (Aeff), and I was the last to leave the plane. Probably the scariest part of the whole event was when you go to the door and have to put your toes over the edge of the plane. But when I got to that point i wasn't turning back. I was excited and ready to jump out of this perfectly good plane. Then the tandem instructor (mine was named Sam) rocks forward, back and then you fall out into the air. The first second that you aren't stable in the freefall was scary, but then you stable out, put your arms out like a bird and you fall. But it doesn't really feel like you are falling. There is so much wind pounding on you--but you do notice that the ground is way down below, but getting closer. We fell for about a minute and then he pulled the chute and we shot up. At this point you could actually look around. We did some spirals in the air so it felt like an intense rollercoaster--that was fun! And then we made our way to the landing field and made a perfect landing on our rear ends.
Sky diving was the most recent adventure and it was absolutely amazing! I would go again in a heart beat. I went with 7 friends from my ward in school. My roommates Stacey and Maurie graduated in April and Stacey is now on a mission, so to celebrate we wanted to do something big--skydiving was the answer. The whole of the afternoon of April 12 was spent in Toelle, UT at the skydive utah place. It was a lot of fun because were all excited and pumped and excited for each other so the tandem instrutors liked talking to us and having us around. I was in the last plane of the day and I went up with my friends Jeff (Papa Jeff) and Jeff (Aeff), and I was the last to leave the plane. Probably the scariest part of the whole event was when you go to the door and have to put your toes over the edge of the plane. But when I got to that point i wasn't turning back. I was excited and ready to jump out of this perfectly good plane. Then the tandem instructor (mine was named Sam) rocks forward, back and then you fall out into the air. The first second that you aren't stable in the freefall was scary, but then you stable out, put your arms out like a bird and you fall. But it doesn't really feel like you are falling. There is so much wind pounding on you--but you do notice that the ground is way down below, but getting closer. We fell for about a minute and then he pulled the chute and we shot up. At this point you could actually look around. We did some spirals in the air so it felt like an intense rollercoaster--that was fun! And then we made our way to the landing field and made a perfect landing on our rear ends.

My heels skidded on the ground so dirt and grass got in my face. But i was too excited to care. It was the coolest thing ever and it was so fun to have my friends there with me. And yes, I survived. My parents had no idea when I was going to go, until I called and told them that I had landed safely. That was the best way to keep mom from freaking out. It was a blast and I highly recommend it to anyone who has the urge to go. It is so worth it! And get the video too!
No comments:
Post a Comment