Thursday, October 4, 2012

New York, New York!

So David had this big, nasty, ugly, scary, horrible, brain numbing test to take in mid-September. What did I do? I took Eli and flew to the other side of the country to let him study play with my sister, while he studied! :) A full week with my sister and her family, whom I hadn't seen in a year= FABULOUS! Thanks for letting me crash your house sis! Love ya!

While we were there, Rosie took us to see the Church History sites in Palmyra, NY. I had always wanted to visit the Sacred Grove, Smith family Farm and Hill Cumorah. This was my chance. We headed to Palmyra directly after church on Sunday and spent the afternoon. It was a wonderful experience. I didn't truly realize how much of the early church history events happened in Palmyra. I was amazed by how small the original log cabin was, and the closeness of the Sacred Grove to the farm. We took the tour of the houses/farm and then walked through the Sacred Grove. Note: if you want time to experience the Sacred Grove, to ponder and pray... don't cart several kids along. :) Still it was beautiful and wonderful. Here are some pictures of the trip.





Then on Tuesday we went to Niagara Falls. Holy Cow! So worth the car trip! Gorgeous and incredible! We also took the Maid of the Mist boat ride into the center of the falls. Definitely recommend doing that, if you are ever close enough to see this incredible Natural Wonder of the World. :)

 








On Thursday we went to the Syracuse Zoo. A nice, small zoo but with several fun animals to see. It made for a good morning outing.





The rest of the time we visited, I helped Rosie prime her new sewing room, and we just enjoyed being together. Thanks again sis! Love you!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I thought from the title that you had visited NYC, but not so :) that's alright, upstate is cool too. Isn't it incredible that the huuuge Smith family lived in such a tiny place? We are spoiled these days. Glad to hear you had so much fun. I went there when I was a little kid, but we're only about 8 hrs from Palmyra now. Road trip next summer!