Tuesday, October 7, 2008

This just in....

So, I quit my job at Avanade for the time being. After I talked to my accounting professor yesterday, I knew that I needed to not work any more. My professor said that I need to be spending about 9-10 hours outside of class studying for accounting. Right now I managing a hurried 6, and not getting enough out of it. But with the extra 12 hours i can do those hours for accounting and more.

I was hesitant to stop working because I don't like the idea of relying solely on Mom and Dad. But Daddy especially encouraged me to not work. If i was determined too then he thought Avanade was a good deal. It is an awesome deal in fact. ut he was of the opinion that I didn't need to work. He wants me to focus on my studies and be able to have fun while I am here (which really means have time to ski while I am still here :)). Mom and Dad are willing to help me financially so that I don't have to work, for which I am so grateful.

This afternoon I called and told Nick that I needed to not work the rest of the semester, because I needed time to study more. He said that they would me miss me and hoped that he hadn't added to the stress. I assured him he hadn't, it was just the time that i needed. I then called and talked to Terry and she said that I would just be a on leave of absence. That I should report 0 hours for the next few weeks. However, i would keep my laptop and SAP credentials and I could work during Christmas and pick it back up next semester if I wanted to as well. I am so blessed. They really do like me at Avanade. I got lucky I guess.

So there you have it. I will still work the 3 hours at the Dean's Office but for now I am not working remotely for Avanade. I could feel the stress lift as it hit me that I didn't have to work anymore. Such a glorious feeling.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

you got the best deal with that job. Study hard... call me if you need a quiet night away to study (ie babysit while Allison is sleeping!) =)

Aubrey said...

Emily! I just came across your blog and love it! It's so much fun to keep up on what others are doing. Anyways, my blog is aubreygriggs.blogspot.com -- you're more than welcome to check it out! I hope I see you on campus sometime!